EDiR Educational grant
Prof. Laura Oleaga
EDiR Scientific Director since February 2018
The European Board of Radiology is pleased to announce the Prof. Laura Oleaga Educational Grant. This educational grant honours Prof. Laura Oleaga, who is well known for her academic excellence and dedication to education in the world of radiology and serves as EDiR Scientific Director since ECR 2018.
With the mission to highlight academic excellence only radiology residents with a successful academic record and career path will be eligible for this grant.
To be eligible for the Prof. Laura Oleaga Educational Grant, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be radiology residents with a successful academic record and career path
- Total years of training and supervised practical experience must be four or more at the time of application
- Candidates must reside in the following countries:
- Countries where the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) is officially recognised at the national level: Croatia, Finland, India, Poland, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Slovenia and Türkiye.
- ‘ESR Meets’ countries at ECR 2024: Argentina, Italy and Singapore.
What does the Prof. Laura Oleaga Educational Grant offer?
In 2024, three educational grants will be awarded for the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) exam, scheduled to take place at ECR 2024 on February 27, 2024. The grant includes the following:
In 2024, three educational grants will be awarded for the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) exam, scheduled to take place at ECR 2024 on February 27, 2024.
The grant includes the following:
- One place for the EDiR Simulation and Webinar, scheduled for December 14, 2023
- One place to attend the EDiR exam at ECR 2024
- Travel arrangement support, covering up to a maximum of €1,000 for an economy flight ticket and/or hotel. Bookings will be managed by the EBR.
- ECR free registration
How to apply
To apply for the Prof. Laura Oleaga Educational Grant, please follow the instructions below:
- Download the application form here.
- Submit the following documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference letter from your referee
The application deadline will be open from September 1 to October 31 or until the first 100 application forms have been received.
The applications will be carefully evaluated by the EDiR Scientific Director and the EDiR committee chairs, and the selected candidates will be announced in December, allowing sufficient time for preparation.
Passing the examination requires a significant commitment of time and effort. In order to be eligible to take the EDiR, candidates must have completed over four years of a national training programme in Radiology and gained clinical experience. It must be noted that passion for radiology and professional ambition are key factors in obtaining the EDiR certification.
This grant aims to facilitate access to the EDiR examination for countries where it is recognised, including Croatia, Finland, India, Poland, the Netherlands, Pakistan, Slovenia, and Türkiye, as well as ‘ESR Meets’ countries at ECR 2024, namely Argentina, Italy, and Singapore.