Exam introduction EDiR – April 3, 2021 New Delhi
Open exclusively to Indian candidates who are Life/Provisional Life Members of IRIA.
Welcome. This is the online application for the upcoming EDiR examination in New Delhi on April, 3 2021.
The European Board of Radiology (EBR) is pleased to announce that, based on a collaboration between the EBR and the Indian Radiological and Imaging Association (IRIA), a new sitting for the European Diploma in Radiology (EDiR) in India has been confirmed for April 3, 2021. The European Diploma in Radiology provides radiologists with a clear, objective and ESR-endorsed seal of approval, which is based on a high standard of knowledge as defined by the ESR European Training Curriculum. EDiR is gaining recognition internationally, which makes it the perfect way to prove your knowledge of general radiology at an international level.
The following special conditions will apply to this examination:
- Examination fee for IRIA members is €990.- (10% less than previous examinations)
- All candidates must be Life/Provisional Life Members of IRIA. The office of IRIA shall verify the membership of the Candidates.
- In order to meet the expenses to be incurred for the arrangements of EDiR Examination in India, IRIA shall charge a nominal fee of INR 25,000/- (INR Twenty-five thousand only) from each Candidate, who is appearing for this Examination. This fee is mandatory.
- IRIA shall award Diplomate of ICRI (DICR) to the eligible Candidates who pass the EDiR Examination as per the regulations of ICRI and IRIA prevailing at that time
Who can sit the examination?
- Radiologists with over four years of training/supervised professional experience:
- MD Radiology Radio Diagnosis
- DNB Radio Diagnosis
- Extra year of supervised professional experience in a reputed institution
- Total experience of no fewer than four years is mandatory.
- Indian nationals who are Life/Provisional Life Members of IRIA.
Documentation required for admission to the examination:
The following documents must be submitted and received by the EBR office before March 21st, 2021:
- A proof of training (DNB or MD) indicating the duration of radiology training issued by the training institution.
- A proof of practice years as a supervised staff radiologist after your completion of radiology training is required. A template for the proof of practice years can be downloaded here.
- A proof of active membership of IRIA
- A scanned copy of your passport
We recommend submitting the required documents online, but they can also be sent by email to diploma@myEBR.org. It is not necessary to use the provided templates but all documents must be in English.
You can upload your documents in your candidate area up to two weeks before your examination date.
Please use the log ins you have created to access your candidate area
EBR does not respond, assume any responsibility and does not provide any refund for payments made with respect to an application that is withdrawn, unsuccessful or invalid, due to circumstances not attributable to the Organization.